January 13, 2010

Color Challenge














Hello,
Happy Wednesday! What better way to celebrate being half way through the week than with a color challenge! I made this card for Dawn Mcvey's  Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21. This is the first time I’ve participated in a color challenge and it was great to have a color palette to work with as a starting point. I always think of baby cards when I see blue, yellow, and cream so I tried to come up with a card that wasn’t baby related.




















I’m really loving butterflies right now so I used the Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die from Stampin’ UP! This die includes a variety of sizes which allows you to make a layered butterfly. I used So Saffron cardsock for the bottom butterfly layer, textured Baja Breeze for the middle layer and Sweet Slumber Designer Series paper for the top layer. I also added a cream paper flower from Hero Arts and a Chocolate Chip flower button from Stampin’ UP! to finish it off.  I'm starting to use my sewing machine again so I did a zig zag detail above the sentiment where the background and Baja Breeze cardstock meet.  Ther rest of supplies are listed below.
















Supplies (All supplies SU unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip; Cream Grid - My Mind's Eye
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Ribbon: Organza Whisper White, hemp twine
Stamp: Inkadinkadoo

Hope you have a great day. Thanks for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful butterfly! Love all the layers.
Kara

Inspired Scrapper said...

Cute layered butterflies :)