October 16, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!


About a year ago I decided I wanted a blog and spent a couple months working with Veronica McCollum to design the "Oh So Cute Studio" blog. Well, it's been designed and waiting for me to use for about 9 months now! I've been mentioning to friends and family that it would be ready soon so today is the day!

This card is dedicated to my dear friend Kim who is celebrating a BIG Birthday tomorrow! Kim has continually encouraged me to start blogging and sharing my papercraft ideas. Kim, thank you for your support and friendship - I hope you have a great day Birthday!

This card was inspired by Kristina Werner’s "A Year in Card Class." I really have a thing for patterned paper and love embellishments and this card has both so it was very fun to make! The patterned paper I used is from Making Memories Noteworthy kit. I also purchased some Noteworthy 3-dimensional stickers that coordinate with the paper kit. My friend Julie is coming over this weekend to make some cards and I thought it would be fun to see if we could make our own embellishments similar to the ones I purchased. So, the flower embellishment on the card above is what I ended up making. I took some of the packaging from the Noteworthy flower stickers to create the large flower background and used the Circle Scallop punch from Stampin’ UP! to get the flower shape. Then I used some of the Noteworthy paper and some glitter to make the colored flowers that are layered on the top. Here is a pic of the Making Memories Noteworthy stickers and then a close up of the one I made.

Noteworthy Stickers

My Sticker

So do you think they look similar?
That's all for today.  Hope you come back and visit often.

1 comment:

The Bitterness of Eating Lemons said...

This card is so cute! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for your blog!